I appear to live in a void. A void between the various roles I can very well perform, but which I am apparently deemed uncapable of. I have spent 15 years as a top-performer, yet I’m apparently:
- “too senior” for Head of IT roles
- “too broad and experienced” for Solution Architecture, Enterprise Architecture or Head of Architecture roles
- “not coming from a CTO title” for CTO roles
- “too technical” for CIO roles
- “not a software developer” for Head of Engineering roles
- “too corporate” for corporate-owned “smaller” businesses
I’ve considered farming, but I’m “too urban”.